For those of you unfamiliar with our “Motorcycle Camp” series of tours, here’s a little primer to get you up to speed.
Motorcycle Camp is a week of riding in France, Switzerland or Italy. Grenoble is the place of departure and arrival.
The underlying idea was to create a one week tour with the emphasis on riding first and foremost. For those of you unfamiliar with Grenoble and surroundings, you don’t have to go far to find great riding. It’s all around. Whatever direction we take, the riding is excellent.
In creating the itineraries, we threw down the gauntlet and asked our staff, and other riders “if you had one week of riding to plan, what would you do?” The constraints were: as much great riding as possible, with diversity, minimal highway time, ,returning to Grenoble every other night.
After receiving the submissions, we voted on which rides were best and assembled them into the various editions of Motorcycle Camp.
A few key points about what we call “Motorcycle Camp”
- It Lasts One Week. We’ve tried to plan the dates so that you can use a minimum of vacation days. The idea being you can arrive on a Saturday, start riding on Sunday and leave the following Saturday.
- There is one edition per month from May-August.
- Alternating Nights Out: Every other night we’ll spend away from Grenoble. If you bring a spouse who doesn’t want to ride every day, this could be a good option for them to visit the region, yet meet up every other evening.
- No ‘camping’ is involved. No tents, no sleeping bags…we’ll be spending the nights in hotels, or B&B’s.
- We cover a variety of regions, from Alps to Provence, the Vercors, Chartreuse, Mont Blanc, some editions go to Switzerland or Italy.
So if you’re short on time, and want to pack in some great riding during your trip to Europe, sign up for an edition of Motorcycle Camp, it’ll be the best riding week you have all summer.